This is an essential event for all advisors to HNW clients, including private bankers, private client lawyers, multi family offices, accountants, IFAs and any other trusted advisor to wealthy individuals and their families.
Giving philanthropy advice
About this event
There is growing demand from wealthy individuals for advice and support around their philanthropy, driven by a trend towards more strategic and planned giving. Private client advisors are in an ideal position to reach and advise existing and potential philanthropists. But in many cases, a significant opportunity is being missed—only a small number of advisors are proactively raising the issue with clients.
NPC, in association with the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners’ (STEP) Philanthropy Advisors Special Interest Group, is offering this training course in the essential elements of philanthropy advice to enable trusted advisors to better serve their high-net-worth clients. The course will cover the following topics:
- Giving philanthropic advice: the benefits of discussing philanthropy and the role of the trusted advisor.
- The philanthropy landscape in the UK: key trends and concepts such as social investment, venture philanthropy and international giving.
- Helping clients start a foundation: setting objectives, finding focus areas, sourcing and selecting charities, monitoring grants.
- How to raise the issue with clients: identifying client needs and different types of advice and support.
How will NPC’s workshop help you?
The course will enable delegates to:
- Talk confidently to their clients about philanthropy;
- Help clients make more of an impact with their giving;
- Take away practical tools to enable them to better support their clients; and
- Network with other advisors with an interest in philanthropy.
Who should attend?
This is an essential event for all advisors to high-net-worth clients, including private bankers, private client lawyers, multi-family offices, accountants, IFAs and any other trusted advisor to wealthy individuals and their families. The training session will be limited to 12 places to make the most of interactive sessions.
The training will be carried out by senior members of NPC’s funder consulting team. NPC has extensive experience working with a whole range of clients (individuals, family foundations, corporates and grant-making trusts) to ensure they get the most out of their philanthropy, providing the expertise of our individual consultants alongside the knowledge of charities and social issues that our research brings.
This event will contribute 3.5 hours towards your structured STEP CPD requirement.
Excellent half day. Found it very useful and opened up a lot of questions in my own mind. Very well presented.