Happy New Year to all! We hope you are enjoying the festive season.
Yes, it has been a tough old year for all of us in the charity sector, but there are at least five reasons to be cheerful as we look forward to an exciting and impactful 2014.
- The British public are still giving to good causes despite stretched family budgets—as the response to the Children in Need appeal and to typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines show;
- A batch of new chief execs have been appointed to refresh the sector and usher in positive change;
- The corporate clients we work with are increasingly thinking about the social value they create—the task now is to measure and report on this;
- Excellent partnerships are developing in the sector—we have teamed up with CFG, NCVO, ACF, Clinks, TSRC and Impetus amongst others—and this approach is why programmes like Inspiring Impact are striving ahead;
- The range of clients we work with has expanded to include major charities and funders—showing that our message about impact is no longer the Brussels sprout of the charity sector.
As always, we’ll be reporting on news and debates around key issues affecting charities and funders in the year to come. But first, if understanding and improving your impact is a New Year’s resolution of yours, sign up for our Impact Leadership Conference today to help you develop the strategic skills needed to take this forward. If you need any further inspiration, check out our video which highlights all the pieces of the impact puzzle that will be covered on the day: