As the Christmas festivities begin and we prepare to say goodbye to 2009, we all need to find some time for our poetic side.
With that in mind, you are invited to enter the inaugural NPC Haiku Competition. 2009 may have been a tough year, but muster what is left of your energy and creative spirit to write a bit of charity or philanthropy-inspired lyrical magic.
The rules are simple:
1. Create your own haiku, a short three-line verse with a 5-7-5 syllable structure (we won’t be too strict – poetic license is allowed).
2. Be creative – haikus can be autobiographical, mission-related, express hopes and fears for 2010, or be humorous.
3. Post as a comment here (with your name and organisation if you wish).
4. We’ll then publish the best of them on this blog and in our next issue of Giving Insights, which has a readership of around 20,000.
5. The winner gets a bottle of champagne.
6. Closing date is 1 January 2010.
Below are a few early entries to start you off. I’m sure that you can do much better…
Enough earnest talking
Passing year of charity
Let’s begin the party
With a bit of evidence
Doing good, better
End of term feeling
Grown-ups fret about budgets
The kids play haiku