What is it about?
Many of us know the cause we want to support but find it difficult to refine our goals for giving and to distinguish between the thousands of charities tackling the issue.
This workshop will walk you through the ingredients for effective grant-making: planning your grant-making, selecting great charities and providing them with appropriate support; and learning and improving from your grant-making.
The ingredients for effective grant-making model.
The training will help you to
- Understand the ingredients of effective grant-making and how these can apply to your setting.
- Reflect on your past giving, the type of funder you want to be, the skills you have and what your goals are for your grant-making.
- Use NPC’s charity analysis framework to choose more effective charities to fund, find it easier to accept or reject funding applications and be armed with useful and probing questions to ask on charity visits or calls.
- Create suitable application forms for your foundation based on the charity analysis framework.
- Learn from your grant-making and explore how you can use this learning to make you more effective.
With no more than 15 participants, the workshop will be interactive and hands-on, using practical examples to help you make more efficient funding decisions.
Who should attend?
The seminar is relevant for anyone seeking more impact with their grant-making or philanthropy. This could include grants officers, philanthropists, trustees, corporate giving staff, or others with strategic responsibilities.
Who delivers the training?
The training is delivered by our consultants who are experts in supporting foundations, corporates and individual philanthropists in designing, implementing and assessing their giving.
Meet your trainers
As a country we face huge challenges. These challenges present questions for everyone who funds charities. It’s time to ask whether charitable foundations in the UK are doing enough—and are doing the right things—to support the voluntary and community sector.
NPC's step-by-step guide to charity analysis, outlining our tried and tested approach which focuses on the key characteristics we believe are common to all effective charities.