Discussing why is the diversity agenda not progressing more quickly within the sector.
Will the charity sector ever embrace diversity?
About this event
NPC’s State of the Sector research highlighted a disconnect between a widespread belief that diversity is an important topic, and an understanding of what diversity can help to achieve. At NPC we believe there needs to be a move from ‘in principle’ discussion about diversity, to demonstrating this ‘in practice’–not least because diversity is central to delivering impact. But why is the diversity agenda not progressing more quickly within the sector? What are the barriers? What can the sector learn from others who are further along in tackling diversity?
This seminar in partnership with Deloitte Not for Profit will ask:
- If done badly can efforts to promote diversity cause harm?
- Does the charity sector understand what inclusivity really looks like?
- Does the situation in the charity sector reflect the wider sense that we are living in a society intolerant of difference?
- Is the charity sector inherently racist?
The event will be chaired by Iona Joy, Head of Charities, NPC and speakers include:
- Asif Afridi, Deputy Chief Executive, brap
- Samuel Kasumu, Inclusive Boards
- Professor Amina Memon, Associate, NPC