NPC has written to the current Minister for Civil Society Rob Wilson MP, re-appointed to the post on 12 May, to outline our recommended priorities for the coming parliament:
- Safeguard the Office of Civil Society
- Free Big Society Capital (BSC) from its over-tough financial target
- Amend charity rules to make charity trustees focus on impact
- Work with departmental colleagues to set a minimum target of 10% contracts going to non-profits
- Work with the Treasury to route future regulator fines to effective local charities
- Back the revolution in impact measurement
We look forward to working with Rob Wilson MP on these topics and more in the months ahead.