Did you know?
- There are nearly one million people out of work because of mental health problems.
- Over the past 12 years, the number of prescriptions for antidepressant drugs in England has almost tripled
The report highlights the following priorities for donors:
- preventing mental ill health
- tackling stigma and discrimination
- helping with employment and work-related activity, and
- improving health services for people with mental health problems.
What really struck we was the number of people I met who were on cracking form, leading busy, constructive lives, who, if you’d met them a few years earlier were probably being written off by mental health services.
Iona Joy, report author