If you share our passion for making the efforts, energy and resources of charities have a greater impact, then this is the right place for you. Below are our current opportunities for you to help us build a more effective charity sector. Please note: We reserve the right to close these vacancies prior to the application deadline once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Associate Director (Data and Learning)
NPC is looking for an Associate Director to lead its busy and innovative Data & Learning Consulting team on a full time or part time basis.
NPC is the leading, independent consultancy and think tank for the UK social sector, working with charities, philanthropic funders and policymakers to achieve the greatest possible social impact for the people, places and causes that need it.
Our Research and Consultancy Department works with some of the leading charities and funders helping them to have greater impact. We have been pioneers of shared measurement, leaders in the use of administration data, as well as champions for the importance of using impact measurement to learn and improve. As the leader of our Data & Learning work, you would be expected to build the vision for where the sector needs to go next, as well as sell and work on projects that put that vision into practice. You will be an expert in impact practice and evaluation. You will lead a team of experienced consultants to develop new products, seek new consulting work, and oversee projects.
The Data & Learning team helps organisations measure the impact of their work and use that learning to change and improve. We provide responsive and tailored support to a range of clients including Diabetes UK, the National Lottery Community Fund, and the Maddox Group.
About the role
The role includes:
- Working with the Data & Learning Team and the Associate Director of the Strategy team to develop a vision for Data and Learning in the charity sector and a business plan that underpins this. This will involve looking at new markets and opportunities, and developing NPC’s thinking on data and learning
- Seeking and winning work for our consultancy and think tank work. This includes proactive business development as well as responding to tenders and pitching for work.
- Leading client projects and managing client relationships, including leading multi-stakeholder projects. This involves working with a team of consultants to ensure that client work meets the objectives.
- Representing NPC within the charity sector. Ensuring that NPC is well known by writing articles and speaking at conferences etc.
- Contributing to NPC’s thought leadership. Working with our Think Tank and External Affairs department to develop incisive thought leadership that challenges and supports the social sector.
- Team Management. Work with the Associate Director (Strategy) and the Director of Consulting to manage and develop the people within the Research and Consulting team of 25+, ensure prioritisation of outputs that reflects NPC’s strategy, and oversee a programme of strategy training and seminars. The post-holder is a member of the Research and Consulting Management Team.
You will have at least eight years’ experience of working in a relevant environment, working in the charity sector, consulting, or professional services. You will have excellent business development, stakeholder management and research and consulting skills.
Based in London. We are open to applicants who wish to work on a full-time or part-time basis, at least 30 hours per week.
Salary: c£48,000 – £60,000 per annum, pro rata, dependent on experience.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunities employer. As part of the application process we ask that you complete an equal opportunities form. Information supplied will be treated in confidence. If you do not wish to complete the equal opportunities form, it will not influence your application in any way.
To apply, please send:
- A cover letter (no longer than two sides) that highlights the top 6 attributes that you believe that you would bring to this role.
- Your CV.
- A completed equal opportunities form.
Send your application to email@example.com before the deadline of 12 noon 14th April 2020. Please include the job reference in the subject of your email along with where you saw the job advertisement. If you would like to speak to someone about the role before applying, please email the Director of Consulting, Angela Kail at Angela.Kail@thinkNPC.org. We are committed to improving our diversity, and welcome candidates from a range of backgrounds.
Interviews will take place weeks commencing 20th April and 27th April.