Insights: build the right experience
We have produced this guide hoping that the insights we have gained from working with young people can benefit others. As a charity not a commercial organisation, we want to share what we have learned. If we can help you add value to your own digital products through sharing what we have learned about what young people want from digital products, we are keen to do so. The insights from the young people who have steered our process can benefit anyone developing products or services for young people.
- 1. Involve young people in the tone of your content to get the balance right.
- 2. Colours are more than just a colour
- 3. Pictures and emojis can share key information and increase accessibility
- 4. Young people want dynamic content such as videos
- 5. Give options to personalise your products can make them more accessible