This unique collection of essays—published by NPC, The Smith Institute and Peabody— brings together experts and practitioners from both the philanthropy and housing worlds who examine how the two sectors can work more closely together.
The report covers key issues such as what philanthropy could achieve in housing, developing the offer, understanding the barriers and opportunities, social investment and the role of government. In these tough times, there is a clear rationale for closer collaboration and learning from each other.
Contributing authors include:
- Vicki Prout, Media Relations Manager and Housing Lead at New Philanthropy Capital
- David Orr, Chief Executive of the National Housing Federation
- Theresa Lloyd, Theresa Lloyd Associates
- Danyal Sattar, Social Investment Manager at the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
- Nick Salisbury, Director at Social Finance
- Brian Ham, Chief Executive of the Dolphin Square Foundation
- Lord Richard Best, Chair of the Hanover Housing Group
- Professor Peter Malpass
- Alexsis de Raadt St James, Chairman and Founder of the Althea Foundation