How we can help
NPC has long supported charities and funders through an end to end strategy development process. We can help you review your theory of change, help you to navigate strategic decisions, capture learning, prioritise your areas of work, and understand your capabilities in a changing environment. We can also offer shorter, more flexible packages of support to charities and funders.
We can help you:
- Review or develop your Theory of Change. We can help you to better understand how you intend to create impact.
- Understand your changing environment—and identify current opportunities and threats. NPC can use horizon scanning and stakeholder mapping techniques to help you adapt your response, collaborate with others, and prioritise the people and issues that need you the most.
- Refresh or develop your strategy. Bringing over 20 years of experience in supporting charities and funders to develop strategies we are well placed to support you in your strategy development journey. We flex our approach to meet the needs and budget of each organisation we support.
- Engage those you support in the strategy development process. We are passionate about involving users in the development of strategy and can support you in designing a strategy development process with the level of engagement that is right for you—from consultation to co-design.
- Navigate strategic decisions via ‘critical friend’ support. Using our expertise and independent viewpoint, we can facilitate difficult conversations and help you navigate the challenging decisions by providing feedback and insight from the wider sector.
- Capture what you are learning and use this to inform your strategy. We can help you consider what data you will need to continue, start and stop collecting throughout your response in order to make good decisions down the line. We can help you develop a framework for systematic capture of learning—and help you think through how you might use what you learn to adapt.
- Run a ‘health check’ on your internal resources and capabilities. We can use our What Makes a Good Charity framework to evaluate the health of your charity, and help you to develop a plan to addresses weaknesses and employ strengths.
- Make your charitable funding go further. Many funders are rethinking their priorities and processes in light of the Covid-19 crisis. We can support you to design your charitable giving in a way that enables your grantees to deliver the most for the people and the communities they work with in these challenging times.