We are committed to improving the diversity of our event attendees. Bursary places are available for small charities, ethnic minority charities of all sizes and ethnic minority representatives from charities of all sizes. Bursary spaces are available on a first come, first served basis. Email us at events@thinkNPC.org to apply.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we moved all our events online which gave us the opportunity to widen our reach and improve accessibility. We will continue to offer online events as well as in-person events.
Speaker fee policy
NPC runs around 50 events a year from our annual conference, NPC Ignites, to training events, and from practical seminars to topical discussions. Through the programme, we convene those within and outside of the sector to advocate for a people-centred, impact-driven approach to society’s most complex, most systemic social issues.
We are committed to improving the diversity in our line-up of speakers. We strive not to have any male or white only panels and seek to highlight a wide range of voices.
NPC works to make its events as accessible as possible. As a charity, it is through the generosity of our supporters that many of our events are free to attend and for those incurring a charge bursary places are available to small charities with a turnover less than £500,000 and to ethnic minority charities of any size or ethnic minority representatives of charities of any size.
We value those that speak at our events and appreciate the time they take to prepare and join us for the event. As a charity, we aim to minimise the cost of our events and in the spirit of convening and sharing best practice across the sector, many of our speakers speak for free, as NPC staff members frequently do at events run by others. We offer payment (which may also include a donation to charity or gift in kind) to speakers where there is a barrier to participation. This may include front line charity workers, charity users, small charities and those who are speaking in a personal capacity.
We make this policy available to all our speakers when inviting them to speak.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our online and in-person events. As part of our commitment, for all online events we use live closed captions and upload the recordings to YouTube which has the capability to select subtitles. To help facilitate the needs of delegates prior to the event, we invite people to tell us about any accessibility requirements when registering. For in-person events we strive to use accessible venues. We are always looking for ways to improve, if you spot something that could be better please contact us.
Event terms and conditions
Training and events bookings
- Places at our training workshops and events are sometimes limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Delivery method and location of each event will be clearly marked on the event subpage. The fee for all in-person training workshops includes the provision of tea, coffee and refreshments. Lunch is provided in addition to this at full-day training events.
- Please note that you are not allowed to film or record at any of our in-person or online events – nor are you permitted to reproduce and/or distribute any of the materials provided during or after the event outside of your organisation without prior permission.
- Please note that we may record our online events to share within the group and at times on our YouTube channel. We will always inform you at the beginning of each event if it is to be recorded.
- We prefer bookings by credit or debit card via Eventbrite. In case this is not possible for you, we are happy to arrange an invoice, there is a £5 admin charge for this service. Please email us at events@thinkNPC.org with the following information: name of participant, position in organisation, email address, dietary requirements, contact & address to send invoice to. Payments must be made prior to the event. Invoices are payable within 21 days from date of invoice. In case you register at short notice (less than 21 days in advance), please note that we kindly ask you to execute the payment at your earliest convenience prior to the event.
- We will use the information above to contact you regarding logistical arrangements ahead of the event and to seek your feedback after the event. If the event is held at an offsite location or using a third party website we will share your information with the venue and/or platform when required to do so.
- We will share a delegate list (name, job title and organisation) with event participants in advance and/or on the day of the event. You will have the opportunity to opt out if you do not want your details shared. Online platforms may ask if you would like to share further information with participants.
- We may at times share some information with speakers prior to the event such as your name, organisation and pre-event questionnaire answers, but not your contact information.
- You can sign-up here to hear more about NPC’s events and resources and/or NPC’s newsletter. We will not add you to our mailing list without your explicit consent.
- We do not charge VAT on our event bookings.
Cancellations of all training workshops and events, as well as any other changes that affect the participant’s attendance, should be received in writing, preferably via email to events@thinkNPC.org.
Cancellation by delegates
- For all NPC events a full refund or the option to transfer the booking to another date will be granted if we receive cancellation notice up to two weeks (14 days) prior to the event. After this date we regret that no refund or transfer can be given.
- If you have paid for a delegate place and are unable to attend for any reason, a substitute delegate may attend in your place. Please let us know about these changes at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- Please note that non-arrival at a course, with or without notice, counts as a cancellation.
Changes and cancellation of an event by NPC
- NPC reserves the right to modify or cancel any event if there are insufficient numbers or if other unforeseen circumstances arise, but we will do our utmost to avoid doing so.
- Where NPC cancels an event that you have paid to attend, we will offer you a full refund (or a credit for a future event). Full advice on refunds/credits will be provided at the time of cancellation.
- These terms & conditions apply for all events and training workshops that NPC delivers, effective immediately until further notice.