Let’s talk mission through mergers: A discussion for trustees
On 18th June 2018, NPC and The Clothworkers’ Company held a seminar to discuss how mergers can help charities achieve more impact for their beneficiaries. This paper summarises advice and recommendations from the panel.
This paper explores the following:
- Why should trustees care about mergers?
- What are the potential benefits of mergers?
- What different kinds of mergers are there?
- What are the barriers to mergers?
- What would encourage more charities to merge?
A merger must increase (a charity’s) impact. If it doesn’t, don’t do it.
Chair , Breast Cancer Now
Let’s talk mission and merger
On 19 April 2018.
This research has found that mergers can be a powerful tool achieving more for causes.
Diversity in governance: The what, why and how
On 17 May 2018.
This paper outlines what it means to have a truly diverse board of trustees and what it brings to an organisation. It also explores how to manage and maintain a board that is diverse.